Monday, October 15, 2018

Germany September 2018

Ver a imagem de origem


BMW Shines

The German PEV passenger car market was down 12% in September, to 4,626 registrations, with PHEVs stumbling 24% YoY, no doubt due to the Summer pre-WLTP sales rush, but BEVs kept on growing (+5%), allowing full electrics to sell at the same level as PHEVs.

Year to date, all-electrics are still 1,000 units below PHEVs, with BEVs holding 0.9% share, while plug-in hybrids remained stable at 1%, making the total PEV share stable at 1.9%.

Looking at the fuels mix, Diesel was down 44%(!), representing 29% of the total market, while Gasoline (-25%) dropped less than the total market (-31%), which wasn't the case of LPG (-48%) or CNG (-51%), that were also heavily hit by the new rules.

Looking at September Best Sellers, BMW had another good month, placing two models in the podium, with the hot selling 225xe Active Tourer staying on top, with 752 deliveries, its third fourth record performance in a row. Who said family-friendly MPVs weren't hip anymore? Now imagine if it had a decent electric range...

The VW e-Golf was second, thanks to 432 deliveries, while the BMW i3 was Third, with 420 registrations.

But the surprise of the month was the revised Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, that with 346 deliveries (best result in 18 months), was #4 last month, becoming the model first Top 5 presence in over a year. Will we see it here more often?

BMW 225xe A. Tourer
VW e-Golf
BMW i3
Mit. Outlander PHEV
Renault Zoe

Over the years, the German PEV market became known for its changes and surprises, and September had a number of interesting developments, the main news were the continuous rise and rise of the BMW 225xe Active Tourer, now in #4, surpassing the Smart Fortwo ED and the Kia Soul EV in just one month. 

The BMW nameplate is now just 236 units below the leader Renault Zoe, so we might see the German MPV reach the leadership already next month, which would be a first for the hot selling nameplate. 

Other changes were the #8 Smart Forfour ED surpassing the VW Golf GTE, while the Nissan Leaf was up one position, to #12, thanks to 275 registrations, its best result in the last 5 months, and with the #10 Audi A3 e-Tron only 109 units ahead, the Japanese hatchback is now running for a Top 10 position.

The Mercedes GLC350e rose to #14, while the BMW 530e was also up one position to #17, thanks to a Personal Best result of 228 registrations, underlining the good moment of the BMW lineup.

There is a new model in the Top 20, with the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV showing up in #16, but below this ranking, there is a rising star preparing to shine in 2019, with the Hyundai Kona BEV having its first full deliveries month in September, with 91 units.

In the brands ranking, BMW (18%) is in the leadership, ahead of Volkswagen (16%) while the #3 Smart (11%) has the competition (Mercedes, Renault and Kia, all with 8%) further behind. 

Source: KBA

No comments:

Post a Comment