Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Shopping for an EV - Outlander PHEV (2/3)

The Test Drive model was just like this one

My concerns were unfounded after all, when i arrived at the local Mitsubishi dealership, not one, but TWO Outlander PHEV's were present, one blue parked outside, alongside a L200 pick-up, and another in black, in the middle of the dealership, with a Mitsu ASX SUV on the left and another L200 Pick-up truck on the right.

"Where are the conventional passenger cars?" - I asked myself, after realizing that i was going to test drive the PHEV after all.

When i got into the dealership, and a few seconds after opening the PHEV front door, i heard a friendly  "Howdy" coming from the back, i turned around and saw the salesman, after asking the reason for my visit ("To know more about the Outlander" - I said), he asked me which version i was interested, the diesel or the PHEV, after i replying that i was interested in the second one, he smiled and showed me the unit in exhibition, explaining the differences that the plug-in version had regarding the more common diesel one, saying that it was a good compromise between the everyday commute ("You could do it using the electric motor") and weekend travels ("You have a fuel-efficient gas engine to do it").

A few moments later i asked if i could do a test drive and he said: "Sure!".

We headed for the test drive unit, after we were in, he showed me how to work with the different switches and when he told me that i could start to drive, i asked:

- Is there a route to follow? Where do you want to go?

"Anywhere you wanna go" - he replied.

And off we went.

(To be Continued)



   

No comments:

Post a Comment