|Renault Twizy in Colombia|
Renault Twizy: To Boldly Go Where No Other EV Has Gone BeforeAfter the initial craze, when sales hit 9.000 units in 2012, the Renault Twizy sales have now stabilized around 2.500 units per year, probably a number that the french manufacturer had hoped to sell every month,
- 203 units were registered in Colombia, 27 in Malaysia and 19 in Tahiti, all new territories for the Renault ZE sub-brand;
- 19 units in Morocco, slightly less than the 22 units registered in October'14, but still a good result.
The shining result of the Twizy in Colombia allows it to have 0,1% of the local market, therefore placing the EV share in Colombia also at 0,1%, thus placing that market at the forefront of EV's in Latin America, along with Costa Rica.
All referred markets are considered uncharted territory for EV's, so the tiny french vehicle could be considered as a pathfinder for the rest of the plug-in crowd, searching for ev-friendly markets "Where no other EV has gone before".
Trends in the G8, in Twitter-like sentences
- Volt II arrives in the US, @1;
- Outlander PHEV @1 in Japan, #Finally;
- Outlander PHEV, King Of England;
- Zoe rules in France, e-Golf in Norway;
- Soul EV @1 in Germany, #Really?;
- Netherlands sales shoot up, #2013;
- China goes interstellar, #Kandi @1.
Trends in other Markets, in Twitter-like sentences
- Volt II arrives in Canada, next stop @1;
- Smart Fortwo ED, Winner2Go in Spain;
- Tesla #1, @Switzerland, @Denmark, @Austria, @Hong Kong, @Finland;
- Belgium @Foto-Finish, #Model S, #Cayenne Plug-In