Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Finland September 2014


Tesla really needs the AWD versions to revive the Model S sales

Leaf surprise #1

With one month delay, we have the numbers from Finland, with 37 plug-ins sold and 308 units YTD (0,35% EV Share), this small market is doubling sales regarding last year, this growth exists despite some plug-in friendly brands being absent, like Renault or BMW, by the way, does anybody know why this is happening?

The Nissan Leaf made a Personal Best in September, selling 15 units and performing a surprising Best Seller title in September, ahead of the new poster-boy of this market, the 4x4 Mitsu Outlander PHEV, which has almost double the sales of the #2 YTD, the Model S from Tesla, which is counting with the AWD versions coming next year to have a say in the leadership race.

The other AWD Plug-In, the Volvo V60 Plug-In is #4, with 12% share, which together with the 36% of the japanese SUV, make 48% of the market with Four Wheel Drive, something that leaves promising signs for the PHEV Cayenne and Volvo XC90, or the AWD Teslas.

PlFinlandSept '14YTD '14%Pl '13
1
2
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
Tesla Model S
9
7
111
65
36
21
N/A
7
3Nissan Leaf1551173
4Volvo V60 Plug-In 136121
5Toyota Prius Plug-In31862
6Opel Ampera21344
7Porsche Panamera Plug-In
728
8
9
10
Ford Focus Electric
Mitsubishi I-Miev
Fisker Karma



4
2
1
1
3
1
N/A
5
8

TOTAL37308100

Source: trafi.fi

3 comments:

  1. Renault sales are roughly 1% of total car sales (~1000 vehicles) and 0.3% market share for EV's this would mean roughly 1 EV sold per year. No point for Renault to bring any EVs to Finland at this point.

    BWM has stated that Finland is in second or third phase with i3 launch, so they will bring i3 to Finland most likely at Q3/2015. The i8's registered in Finland have been actually purchased from Sweden and shipped to Finland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the insight on this subject.

      Delete
  2. Finland 2014
    EV - http://www.trafi.fi/filebank/a/1421751383/b8f1cecfa41d535a814a447f5b6347b3/16644-HA-ensirek_sahkot_2014_1-12.pdf

    PHEV - http://www.trafi.fi/filebank/a/1421749153/fd660bc22bcf1cbe922d8ce914e3d657/16643-HA-ensirek_pluginit_2014_1-12.pdf

    Tesla shows nominal 4600% growth :)

    ReplyDelete